In cooperation with the Provincial Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments and regional institutes, PWMC Vode Vojvodine identifies and valorizes hydrotechnical structures which represent cultural and industrial heritage of Vojvodina. Thus, restoration of structures is planned according to its condition and significance with the tendency to protect them from further deterioration and those most valuable ones obtain the status of a cultural monument.
Bečej Ship Lock is located at the confluence of DTD Canal with the Tisa River. It was completed in 1896 and was the first lock in Europe which was run by DC produced in the structure itself by using the difference of water level balance. Nowadays, it functions as a sluice. It is protected and considered to be a cultural heritage.
Žabalj Steam Pump is located by Žabalj bridge on the Tisa River. It was built in 1898 and was the biggest in Vojvodina. Steam engine ran two centrifugal pumps which had the maximum capacity of 2,530 l/s. Catchment area which was drained by this pump had around 10,000 ha. The pump was conserved after 74 years of operation.
The Mill in Mali Stapar was constructed in 1795 on DTD Canal’s sluice. It has three levels and represents a great example of a very well preserved industrial heritage. There is a Technical Directorate building in close vicinity, which was completed in 1898. Mali Stapar settlement was founded for the living purposes of experts hired on the construction of Grand Bačka Canal. Ensuring the protection of entire area along the canal with the mill and Technical Directorate is in process.
Bezdan Ship Lock was completed in 1856. It is located at the confluence of DTD Canal with the Danube River. It is significant for it was the first concrete structure of such type in Europe which was constructed by the means of underwater concrete pouring. Works were carried out by engineer Johannes Mihalik. This structure is significant both as an industrial and architectural heritage.
Plavna Pumping Station was completed in 1912 and represented a state-of-the-art of that period. It was the largest diesel engine pump in the Balkans. The aggregates had two plugged generators which produced electricity for the structures within the pumping station. The pump is still functional. It is located in the protected fortress complex in Bač.